It is a very interesting website about learning languages and it offers strategies and some easy useful steps to follow in order to get a better job career or even more tips for the professional development.
I copy here the content I find useful in case the page won’t display correctly.
THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO
- Learn for personal satisfaction?
- Understand a different culture?
- Communicate at work (on the phone, at meetings, welcoming visitors)?
- Get a better job?
- Speak with friends or family?
- Get by on a short visit abroad?
- Read newspapers?
- Use the Internet?
PLAN YOUR LANGUAGE LEARNING IN A WAY THAT SUITS YOU
AND YOUR DAILY ROUTINE. THAT WAY, YOU?LL DO BETTER.
- How much time can you devote each week?
- Can you organise a regular study timetable?
- What resources do you have – cassette recorder, computer, video etc.?
- Where can you get hold of learning materials ? libraries, bookshops, news stands with foreign papers and magazines, internet sites, satellite television..?
HOW AND WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LEARN?
- Quickly and intensively OR over a longer period of time
- With friends / in a group OR on your own
- Self-study / distance learning OR with a teacher
- At work OR at home
- In your country of residence OR abroad
AND WHAT SORT OF METHODS AND MATERIALS WOULD SUIT
YOU? FOR EXAMPLE:
- Conversation lessons with a native speaker
- Listening to tapes while travelling
- Using a textbook
- Reading newspapers and magazines
- Using the Internet
- Using CD ROMs
- Watching videos
- Concentrating on speaking practice
- Concentrating on grammar exercises